|Full Name||Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1983, he became the leader of RSS's student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
• In 1984, he became a member of BJP
• In 1987, he became an activist of BJP's youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
• In 1991, he campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani in Gandhinagar during Lok Sabha elections.
• In 1995, he was elected as an MLA from the Sarkhej Constituency in Gujarat and went to become an MLA for 4 more times from the same constituency.
• In 2009, he was assigned the position of vice-president of the cash-rich Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
• In 2014, he became the president of BJP and his strategy was credited for Narendra Modi's huge victory in General Elections.
• In August 2017, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated Congress' CJ Chavda by a margin of 5,57,014 votes from Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
• On 30 May 2019, he became a Cabinet Ministe and took the oath as the Home Minister of India.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 6"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Date of Birth||22 October 1964|
|Age (as in 2021)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mehsana, Gujarat, India|
|School||A local school in Mehsana, Gujarat|
|College||C.U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. in Biochemistry|
|Family||Father- Anilchandra Shah
Mother- Kusumben Shah
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Aarthi Shah
Note: Earlier, some sources had reported that Amit Shah was not a Hindu but a Jain, which he clarified at a press conference in April 2018 by saying that "I Am A Hindu Vaishnav, Not Jain."
|Hobbies||Reading, watching cricket and social service|
|Address||16, Sudeep Society, Royal Crisant, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad|
|Controversies||• In 2010, he was arrested for number of charges like murder and extortion, which dented his chances to become the CM of Gujarat after Narendra Modi. He was also banned to visit Gujarat. But, in 2012 he was allowed to enter Gujarat by the Supreme Court.
• He was accused of "Fake Encounter Case" and was accused of having role in killings of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his wife Kauser Bi and his accomplice Tulsiram Prajapati. CBI said that 2 Rajasthani businessmen paid him to get rid of Sohrabuddin who was harassing them.
• He was accused of damaging the evidences and influencing witnesses in the 2002 Gujarat Riots and spying on a woman in connection with the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
• Soon after Narendra Modi-led BJP came into the power in the centre, Amit Shah's son, Jay Shah's Company reported a 16,000 times growth in turnover. He was highly criticized in media for this meteoric rise. Following this, Jay Shah filed a defamation case against "The Wire" for reporting these figures.
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Son- Jay Shah
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances
Note: His affidavit, filed in 2019, mentioned his sources of income as salary received as Rajya Sabha MP, rent on properties and income from agricultural activity
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 38.81 crore (as in 2019)|
Disclaimer: All Images that are Used in this post from Instagram & Google Image and Credit Goes to their Separate Proprietor. The content and points mentioned in this article are also taken from other Websites and other Social Media Platforms and Credit goes to their Separate Proprietor. Communicate Us on this Dispatch firstname.lastname@example.org for Credit or take off these Images.